Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers in the Columbia Valley
If you’re looking for the best humidifier or the best dehumidifier in our area, then you can find it with the professionals at Shift Air Mechanical Ltd. B.C.. We specialize in whole house dehumidifiers and humidifiers. If you want high-quality service, we can provide it for you because we have all the right tools to utilize. We do it all—installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance services.
Your home’s humidity balance should always be between 30% and 50%. If you notice that your balance is climbing above or dipping below this, then it means that you should schedule an appointment with our professionals. Your humidity balance and temperature balance go hand-in-hand.
Contact us for your humidity control services. Shift Air Tests, Doesn't Guess!
Things can get a little dry in our area. If you notice that you’re experiencing a lot of static shock, dry skin, hair, or nails, then you should equip your home with a humidifier. We recommend whole-house humidifiers in particular. Chances are that you’d probably used a single-room humidifier before, but these aren’t enough to keep you comfortable everywhere in your home. Humidifiers are important to your home’s overall comfort and temperature control.
Clean Comfort - Elaborative Humidifier
The HE17 evaporative humidifiers provide whole-home humidification and use the warm air from the furnace to evaporate water that is trickled over an internal humidifier pad.
- Model: HE17 (A & M) Evaporative Humidifiers
- Type: Evaporative Flow Through
- Capacity: 17 Gallons Per Day
- Limited Warranty: 10 Years Parts*
- Replacement Vapor Pad®: HEP-GA19 (Replace 1-2 times per season)
- Dimensions: 12" Wide x 16 1/2" H x 10" D
- Weight: 8 Lbs.
- Home Size: To 2,800 Sq. Ft.
- Installation: Warm Air / Return Air Plenum / Right or Left Side
Aprilaire - Steam Humidifier
Aprilaire Model 800 steam humidifiers use electrode technology and are simple to install, operate, and maintain. With electrode technology, electrical current flows between submerged electrodes, resistance of the water to the electric current heats the water. The submerged electrodes are found in a replaceable canister. At the end of a humidifier season, the canister – including the electrodes, is replaced. No cleaning, no scrubbing, simply replace the canister and you’re ready for the next humidifier season. Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. For this reason, water filtration is not required with electrode technology, minimizing the complexity of the installation and ongoing operating costs.
- FULL COVERAGE up to 6,200 square feet in tightly built homes. Choose from 6 levels of output adding 11.5 to 34.6 gallons of moisture into the air per day based on voltage and installation
- IDEAL FOR homes in arid, desert climates
- PURIFIED WATER NOT REQUIRED Electrode technology requires impurities in the water to promote the transfer of electricity. Water filtration is not recommended – minimizing installation complexity and operating costs
- NO WHITE FILM OR DUST is left behind for you to clean up like other steam humidifiers. Aprilaire humidifier just provide clean, humidified air
- DUAL SENSOR 24/7 AUTO MODE continually monitors and responds to both outdoor temperature and indoor relative humidity to deliver optimum humidity throughout the home – simply set it and forget it
- CONVENIENT DIGITAL CONTROL shows percent humidity, lights indicate humidifier is running and when service is needed, and Blower Activation switch sets humidifier to run continually, or only when the furnace runs
- HUMIDITY FOR HEALTH Aprilaire Humidifiers can help you maintain the optimal humidity in your home between 40% – 60% minimizing the formation of bacteria, dust mites, fungi, and viruses. This helps reduce the incidence of respiratory infections and symptoms related to allergies and asthma. In addition, you’ll feel more comfortable while also preserving items in your home susceptible to damage from changing humidity or dry conditions.
An excess of humidity is probably an issue that you’re a little more familiar with. If you feel like you’re living at home in a swamp, then a dehumidifier is the unit you’ll need to fix this. We perform all the services you’re looking for. This includes dehumidifier repair, replacement, installation, and maintenance. We’re prepared to help you get your system in great shape.
Clean Comfort - Dehumidifier (DV090)
Dew points and relative humidity (RH) affect the way your body senses heat. Higher humidity levels cause the air to feel much hotter than the actual temperature. When maintained properly, you can run your cooling equipment less because dehumidified air feels cooler. Ideal humidity is defined by industry experts* as being between 40-60% on an average annual basis. When indoor humidity exceeds 60%, the home is more susceptible to mold and mildew growth. DV065 safeguards against excessive humidity in the home year-round.
- Removes up to 65 pints (30.8 l) of water per day from the indoor air.
- Provides Ventilation to the indoor space.
- Electrocoating reduces coil corrosion and helps prevent refrigerant leaks.
- Built-in transformer circuit breaker.