Summer has quickly drawn to a close and it seems to have surprised all of us. While we might not have gotten the chance to do all we wanted to this summer, there will always be another one right around the corner! Let’s take some time today to ensure that next summer is much better than this one in terms of comfort and savings.
For instance, if your air conditioner required AC services in Columbia Valley, you might want to evaluate your options going forward. This is a great time to do so, because you won’t need it for another 9 months. This gives you ample time to plan, save money, and get ready to invest in a system that doesn’t cause you stress.
So, let’s go through our end-of-the-summer checklist that’s designed to help you save money and stay comfy this year, as well as next year!
End of Year Care
Your air conditioner is probably excited to take a long vacation after working so hard. This summer broke many records and the trend is pointing towards hot summers in the future. That’s why it’s important now more than ever to ensure your system works properly next year. If your AC is in good shape, here are just a few things you can do to keep it in great condition while you wait for next summer to arrive.
- Clean around the outdoor cabinet. Your AC’s outdoor cabinet should be kept relatively clean and safe from critters, pebbles, dirt, debris, dust, and other contaminants. The more this is done, the better off your system will be.
- Schedule maintenance for next spring. Maintenance is an important step in keeping your air conditioner in good shape. By calling and scheduling now, you can avoid any hassle that comes from a busy schedule next year.
- Get any repairs done now rather than later. If your AC was malfunctioning this summer, it’s important to get that problem fixed now. Problems can compound and get worse, and that will only make things more expensive down the line.
- Switch your heat pump from cooling mode to heating mode. For heat pump owners, this is a simple yet important tip. Be sure to switch your system from cooling to heating mode so it’s able to keep you warm over the next few months.
More Things to Consider
Has your AC been struggling this summer? If so, then here are a few more checklist items to observe.
- Evaluate the age of your AC. An AC that’s 10-15 years in age should be replaced, no matter how good of a shape it might be in.
- Estimate the frequency of repairs. Was our team on speed dial last year because your AC couldn’t make it a couple days without a repair need popping up? This is a sign it should be replaced by next summer.
- Compare your yearly energy bill average. If you notice a steady increase in your yearly summer energy costs, then a replacement might be a great option for you.
- Was it comfortable? If your AC wasn’t keeping you comfortable, then get a system that does!
Shift Air Tests, Doesn’t Guess. That’s why Shift Air Mechanical B.C. is the team to call for AC repairs or replacements in Cranbrook and the greater Columbia Valley.